- SonicWall has been independent from Dell for 2 years
- Twenty-four new products have been developed and 160 million lines of code have been rewritten to keep SonicWall at the head of the cybersecurity landscape.
More and more organizations are recognizing the many benefits of the cloud starting from cost-effectiveness to operations agility and flexibility among others.
- Focus for the network security firm will remain on developing cloud-based products which includes: email security, endpoint security, and network security.
- The threat landscape has grown significantly over the last few years.
- Encrypted malware is one of the biggest threats to be aware of. SonicWall saw over 1,000 encrypted malware attacks per customer in 2018.
- British Airways and Marriot were huge losers in cybersecurity. Attackers took private customer data such as passport information and credit card details.
This is why we believe that there is a strong demand for behavioral based detection rather than the traditional signature-based technologies.
- Behavior-based security is a proactive approach to cyber security that monitors end user devices, networks and severs to block and alert to suspicious activity. It looks for irregularities through scans, and uses in built-in intelligence to decide whether there is a risk.
If you have not secured your environment for 2019 or want to assess your level of risk, contact DII Computers immediately so we can keep your most sensitive material guarded in the event of an intrusion.